Jump to navigation Jump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
This page contains resources about Robotics in general.
More specific information is included in each subfield.
Subfields and Concepts
See Category:Robotics for some of its subfields.
- Control Theory
- Machine Learning
- Computer Vision
- Natural Language Processing
- CS373: Programming a Robotic Car by Sebastian Thrun - Udacity
- CS223A: Introduction to Robotics by Oussama Khatib (Youtube )
- Control of Mobile Robots by Magnus Egerstedt - Coursera
- Programming for Robotics (ROS) by Marco Hutter
- Lecture Series on Robotics by Chitta Amarnath - NPTEL
- Robotics and Intelligent Systems by Robert Stengel (from a diverse perspective)
- Introduction to Vision and Robotics by Bastiaan Boom and Michael Herrmann (Computer Vision focused)
- CS 4758/6758: Robot Learning by Cornell University (Machine Learning focused)
- Robotics by Andrew Davison (SLAM focused)
- Introduction to Robotics by Harry Asada and John Leonard (Mechanical Engineering focused)
- Robotics by Dan Popa (Control Theory focused)
- Mobile Robotics
- Robotics by Czech Technical University in Prague
- Embedded Visual Control by Henk Corporaal
- Statistical Techniques in Robotics by Byron Boots
Books and Book Chapters
- Bipin, K. (2018). Robot Operating System Cookbook. Packt Publishing Ltd.
- Mahtani, A., Sanchez, L., Fernandez, E., & Martinez, A. (2016). Effective Robotics Programming with ROS. 3rd Ed. Packt Publishing Ltd.
- Quigley, M., Gerkey, B., & Smart, W. D. (2015). Programming Robots with ROS: a practical introduction to the Robot Operating System. O'Reilly Media, Inc. (link)
- Martinez, A., & Fernandez, E. (2013). Learning ROS for Robotics Programming. Packt Publishing Ltd.
- Corke, P. (2011). Robotics, Vision and Control: Fundamental Algorithms in MATLAB. Springer.
- Craig, J. J. (2005). Introduction to Robotics: Mechanics and Control. Pearson.
- Russell, S. J., & Norvig, P. (2010). "Chapter 25: Robotics". Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach. Prentice Hall.
- Mataric, M. J. (2007). The Robotics Primer. MIT Press.
- Solutions, A. K. (2007). Robotics. Infinity Science Press.
- Murphy, R. (2000). Introduction to AI Robotics. MIT press.
- Mckerrow, P. (1998). Introduction to Robotics. Addison-Wesley.
- Braunl, T. (2008). Embedded Robotics : Mobile Robot Design and Applications with Embedded Systems. Springer.
- Spong, M. W., Hutchinson, S., & Vidyasagar, M. (2006). Robot Modeling and Control. John Wiley & Sons.
- Thrun, S., Burgard, W., & Fox, D. (2005). Probabilistic Robotics. MIT press.
See also Robotics Software.
- Robot Operating System (ROS) - open-source and more suitable for research robots
- RobotC - proprietary and sutitable for LEGO NXT, VEX, RCX, and Arduino robots
- Robotics Toolbox - MATLAB
- NI LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS
- Pyro - Python
- MRPT - Mobile Robot Programming Toolkit in C++
- LEGO Mindstorms NXT
- BrickPi - a robot with the brains of a Raspberry Pi and the easy build of LEGO
- Engino Robotics Platform
- Parallax Robotics
- mbed Robotics - based on ARM microcontrollers
- Arduino Robotics
- NAOqi - for NAO and Pepper robots
- Robotics Portal
- Biologically Inspired Robotics Lab - Case Western Reserve University
- Robotics - Google Scholar Metrics (Top Publications)
- RoboticsCourseWare - list of free courses lecture notes
- Robotics and Intelligent Systems: A Virtual Reference Book - an assemblage of bookmarks for web pages that contain educational material
- Robotics by Wikibooks
- Advanced Robotics by Wikibooks
- Robotics by Wikiversity
- Imperial College Robotics Society wiki
- OpenServo wiki
- "The Robot Group Inc." of Austin TX: many artistic and entertainment robots
- Open Circuits wiki: motor drivers
- Using ROS with Docker in macOS - blog post
- Raspberry Pi
- ARM Mbed
- Robotic Kit (FIRST Global Challenge)
- FGC_2018 (GitHub) - FIRST Global 2018 Challenge
- ftc_app (GitHub) - FTC Android Studio project to create FTC Robot Controller app