This page contains resources about Robotics in general.
More specific information is included in each subfield.
Subfields and Concepts
See Category:Robotics for some of its subfields.
- Control Theory
- Machine Learning
- Computer Vision
- Natural Language Processing
- CS373: Programming a Robotic Car by Sebastian Thrun - Udacity
- CS223A: Introduction to Robotics by Oussama Khatib (Youtube )
- Control of Mobile Robots by Magnus Egerstedt - Coursera
- Lecture Series on Robotics by Chitta Amarnath - NPTEL
- Robotics and Intelligent Systems by Robert Stengel (from a diverse perspective)
- Introduction to Vision and Robotics by Bastiaan Boom and Michael Herrmann (Computer Vision focused)
- CS 4758/6758: Robot Learning by Cornell University (Machine Learning focused)
- Robotics by Andrew Davison (SLAM focused)
- Introduction to Robotics by Harry Asada and John Leonard (Mechanical Engineering focused)
- Robotics by Dan Popa (Control Theory focused)
- Mobile Robotics
- Robotics by Czech Technical University in Prague
- Embedded Visual Control by Henk Corporaal
- Statistical Techniques in Robotics by Byron Boots
Books and Book Chapters
- Craig, J. J. (2005). Introduction to Robotics: Mechanics and Control. Pearson.
- Corke, P. (2011). Robotics, Vision and Control: Fundamental Algorithms in MATLAB (Vol. 73). Springer.
- Martinez, A., & Fernández, E. (2013). Learning ROS for Robotics Programming. Packt Publishing Ltd.
- Mckerrow, P. (1998). Introduction to Robotics. Addison-Wesley.
- Murphy, R. (2000). Introduction to AI Robotics. MIT press.
- Matarić, M. J. (2007). The Robotics Primer. MIT Press.
- Solutions, A. K. (2007). Robotics. Infinity Science Press.
- Russell, S. J., & Norvig, P. (2010). "Chapter 25: Robotics". Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach. Prentice Hall.
- Thrun, S., Burgard, W., & Fox, D. (2005). Probabilistic Robotics. MIT press.
- Spong, M. W., Hutchinson, S., & Vidyasagar, M. (2006). Robot Modeling and Control. John Wiley & Sons.
- Bräunl, T. (2008). Embedded Robotics : Mobile Robot Design and Applications with Embedded Systems. Springer.
See also Robotics Software.
- Robot Operating System (ROS) - open-source and more suitable for research robots
- RobotC - proprietary and sutitable for LEGO NXT, VEX, RCX, and Arduino robots
- Robotics Toolbox - MATLAB
- NI LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS
- Pyro - Python
- MRPT - Mobile Robot Programming Toolkit in C++
- LEGO Mindstorms NXT
- BrickPi - a robot with the brains of a Raspberry Pi and the easy build of LEGO
- Engino Robotics Platform
- Parallax Robotics
- mbed Robotics - based on ARM microcontrollers
- Arduino Robotics
- NAOqi - for NAO and Pepper robots
- Robotics Portal
- Biologically Inspired Robotics Lab - Case Western Reserve University
- Robotics - Google Scholar Metrics (Top Publications)
- RoboticsCourseWare - list of free courses lecture notes
- Robotics and Intelligent Systems: A Virtual Reference Book - an assemblage of bookmarks for web pages that contain educational material
- Robotics by Wikibooks
- Advanced Robotics by Wikibooks
- Robotics by Wikiversity
- Imperial College Robotics Society wiki
- OpenServo wiki
- "The Robot Group Inc." of Austin TX: many artistic and entertainment robots
- Open Circuits wiki: motor drivers
- Using ROS with Docker in macOS - blog post