Jump to navigation Jump to search
Subfield and Concepts
- Discrete wavelets
- Haar wavelet
- Continuous wavelets
- Spline wavelet
- Complex-valued wavelets
- Gabor wavelet
- Wavelets, Filter Banks and Applications by Gilbert Strang and Kevin Amaratunga
- Wavelet transforms and their applications to turbulence by Marie Farge and Kai Schneider
- Computational Methods for Data Analysis by Nathan Kutz
Books and Book Chapters
- Vetterli, M., Kovacevic, J., & Goyal, V. K. (2014). Foundations of Signal Processing: Fourier and Wavelet Signal Processing. Cambridge University Press.
- Mallat, S. (2008). A Wavelet Tour of Signal Processing: The Sparse Way. Academic Press.
- Boggess, A., & Narcowich, F. J. (2009). A First Course in Wavelets with Fourier Analysis. John Wiley & Sons.
- Strang, G., & Nguyen, T. (1998). Wavelets and Filter Banks. Wellesley-Cambridge Press.
- Byrnes, J. S., Byrnes, J. L., Hargreaves, K. A., & Berry, K. (1994). Wavelets and their Applications. Springer.
See also References.
- Vetterli, M., Kovacevic, J., & Goyal, V. K. (2009). The World of Fourier and Wavelets: Theory, Algorithms and Applications. Class notes for ECE 544.
- Hazewinkel, M. (2001). Wavelet Analysis. Encyclopedia of Mathematics. Springer.
- Weiss, G., & Wilson, E. N. (2001). The Mathematical Theory of Wavelets (pp. 329-366). Springer.
- Vetterli, M., & Kovačević, J. (1995). Wavelets and Subband Coding (Vol. 152). Prentice Hall.
- Strang, G. (1994). Wavelets. American Scientist, 250-255.
- Daubechies, I. (1992). Ten Lectures on Wavelets (Vol. 61, pp. 198-202). SIAM.
- The Wavelet Tutorial by Robi Polikar
- Wavelets for kids: A Tutorial Introduction by Brani Vidakovic and Peter Mueller
- A Concise Introduction to Wavelets by René Puchinger
- On Fourier and Wavelets: Representation, Approximation and Compression by Martin Vetterli
- Wavelet Toolbox - MATLAB
- Rice Wavelet Toolbox (RWT) - MATLAB (M-files and C MEX-files)
- PyWavelets - Python
- WaveletStudio.Net - Open source C# Code
- JWave - Open source Java implementation of several orthogonal and non-orthogonal wavelets
- Wavelet - Open source C++ code
- WvLib - GNU/GPL Library
- CurveLab - MATLAB and C++
- Wavelet Analysis - Mathematica
- The Wavelet Digest
- Collection of links about Wavelets
- A really friendly guide to Wavelets
- Wavelet-based image annotation and retrieval
- Very basic explanation of Wavelets and how FFT relates to it
- A Practical Guide to Wavelet Analysis is very helpful, and the wavelet software in FORTRAN, IDL and MATLAB are freely available online.
- WITS: Where Is The Starlet? A dictionary of tens of wavelets and wavelet-related terms ending in -let, from activelets to x-lets through bandlets, contourlets, curvelets, noiselets, wedgelets.